Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome!

What is the Kindness Project?

From Wednesday, March 25th through Friday, April 3rd, students at my school in CT will be invited to submit to me their own acts of kindness. Each classroom will be provided with “kindness forms” and a box to place them in. Forms will also be sent home to encourage family involvement in the project. Every day I will collect them and post them in the school for all to see and learn from. Our goal is to have 2000 acts of kindness by Friday!

On Friday, April 3rd at 6pm and 7:30pm, we will host two benefit concerts. Performers will include our very own "Mr. Gym", Chris Keithan, and the "Music Makin' Mamas". All proceeds of the concert will go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation through Lou Mongello's Dream Team Project.

We will also be inviting anyone to post their own acts of kindness on this website. We are hoping to post all of the submitted acts in our school, to show the children how they are inspiring others to spread kindness.

5 comments:

kindnessmanager said...

I was the recipient of an act of kindness. An online friend, April, was helping another friend, Pat, clean out her basement. They found a cool cake pan and thought to ask me if I wanted it, even though I have never met either of these ladies in person!

Kathy A. (adult), in Ellington, CT

kindnessmanager said...

One of my students was looking very sad about something this morning. Then this afternoon as he was leaving to go home I saw him and he said, "Mrs. A., my day got better because my friend M. gave me this," and he held up a Lego man. A small gesture but something that made a difference!

kindnessmanager said...

One of my students shared her puppet with a student who was disappointed that he didn't get the one he wanted. It was a very kind gesture!

Kathy A. in Ellington, CT

Anonymous said...

One of my close friends is on the verge of losing her job for a big car company in MI.She is a huge Disney fan.
I went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway recently and I knew how much she had wanted to someday see it but couldn't get around to it so I sent her the CD of the play along with the playbill. I put a note that said "You couldn't get to NYC so I brought Mary to you." She loved it and brought a smile to her face through hard times.

Ashley Connecticut

Andrew said...

What a wonderful project! I shared this website with my Kindergarten and Pre-K classes at school, and also with my Sunday school class. We read through the many terrific examples of acts of kindness - and especially loved the ABC's. Then we began to brainstorm some ways in which we could participate at home, church, and school. I have to say that we had very kind environments to begin with... but what a difference shedding a little light on the subject has made! Thanks for drawing our attention to something we've been taking a bit for granted of late. It has become infectious within our community – and we couldn’t be happier… or kinder. Kudos!

Andrew (40) New Haven, CT