Saturday, June 6, 2009

100 Wishes Quilt

During Children's Day (a PTO run event at our school) I sponsored a table to help make 100 wishes quilts. Families adopting children from China often follow a Chinese tradition in collecting quilt squares and wishes for the child. I found four families in the process of adopting children and we wrote wishes for them!

Each child who came to my table picked out a fabric and wrote a note to the families. I asked the students (and some adults) to write what they would wish for someone to have in their lives... many wrote about things that they loved, like music, dance, or friends. We finished 60 cards -- 15 for each family.

I have heard back from some of the adoptive families and they loved all the wishes. Here is one of the families websites: http://waitingforxiaohai.blogspot.com/

Here are some pictures of the cards we collected...


No comments: